Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Potato salad with a Tex-Mex flair.
- 3 lbs small red potatoes, quartered
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise or 2⁄3 cup salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- Cook potatoes in boiling water 10-12 minutes or until fork-tender; drain; rinse with cold water; drain well.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix mayonnaise (or salad dressing) and seasonings. Add potatoes, celery, pepper, onion, and corn. Gently mix all together to coat. Chill.
I omitted the cilantro (personal preference) and used sweet vadalia onions instead of green onions. I let the flavors mix together by setting in the fridge for about 8 hrs. before serving. We really enjoyed it with our Jalapeno burgers!
Yummy potato salad - lots of great flavors and textures. I added a splash of vinegar, added the spices with a heavy hand and added half a chopped jalapeno. Thanks for posting!
this was really good, I had to use more mayo then stated and omitted the cilantro, also I used yellow onions in place of the green and increased the spices, thanks for sharing hon!...Kitten:)