Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 mins
These delicious appetizers may be made ahead and frozen for up to a month.
- 3 cups mashed potatoes
- 3 beaten eggs
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 3⁄4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- fat (for deep frying, 400 to 450 F)
- Combine all ingredients except cheese and bread crumbs.
- Chop cheese and crumbs in blender until fine.
- Add 1 cup cheese crumb mixture to potato mixture.
- Shape in balls using one rounded Tablespoon for each.
- Roll in remaining cheese crumb mixture.
- Deep fry until golden brown.
- Serve hot.
- Makes 48 puffs; serves 10 to 12.