Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 9.85 ml extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 177.44 ml frozen hash brown potatoes (or diced cooked potatoes)
- 127.57 g canchopped mild green chilies
- 4 large eggs
- 2.46 ml hot sauce (Tabasco)
- 1.23 ml salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper
- 118.29 ml grated monterey jack pepper cheese or 118.29 ml cheddar cheese
- 59.14 ml chopped scallion
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh cilantro or 59.14 ml fresh parsley
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a 10-inch ovenproof nonstick skillet over med-high heat.
- Add potatoes and cook until golden brown, shaking the pan and tossing the potatoes from time to time, 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in chiles and transfer to a plate; wipe out the pan.
- Blend eggs, hot sauce, salt, and pepper with a fork in a medium bowl.
- Stir in cheese, scallions, cilantro, and the potato mixture.
- Set oven broiler rack about 4 inches from the heat source; preheat the broiler.
- Brush the skillet with 1 teaspoon oil; heat over medium heat.
- Pour in egg mixture and tilt to distribute evenly.
- Decrease heat to med-low and cook until the bottom is light golden, lifting the edges to allow uncooked egg to flow underneath, 3-4 minutes.
- Place the pan under the broiler and cook until the top is set, 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 minutes.
- Slide the omelet onto a platter and cut into wedges.
- Per serving-342 calories, 24 g fat, 11 g carb, 2 g fiber.
I printed this recipe off the Eating well website back in Feb and was hoping to find it here to keep for sharing....YEAH!! someone posted it. I enoyed this recipe and would add more heat.