Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 hrs
It has a mild Mexican taste and offers a different way to fix an inexpensive piece of meat.
Make and share this Mexican Pot Roast recipe from Food.com.
- 3 lbs beef brisket
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 2 cups mild picante sauce
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup water, can add up to 3/4 cup water,as needed
- Brown beef in 2 Tablespoons of oil.
- Place in crock pot.
- Combine remaining ingredients and pour over meat.
- Cover and cook on Low 10 to 12 hours.
- Add extra water as needed.
- Serve with garlic potatoes, herb butter noodles, or rice.
Excellent. The almonds were a welcomed idea. I thicken the juices with cornstarch and served over rice. I did not add the water because I always get a large amount of liquids by the end of the cooking time.