This is a take off of Linda'sBusyKitchen recipe, which is awesome! I didn't have chicken and we like to add to it anyway, so I figured I would post it here.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground turkey (93% lean is best)
- 11 ounces corn, drained
- 15 ounces black beans, drained (or chili beans)
- 4 ounces diced green chilies (or jalepenos)
- 16 ounces salsa
- 4 ounces sliced black olives (optional)
- 4 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded (1 cup)
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded (1 cup)
- 8 1/2 ounces Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1brown turkey and drain.
- 2spray a 2 1/2-3 qt casserole and combine turkey, corn, beans, chilis, salsa and olives. stir in cheese and pour into casserole.
- 3mix jiffy mix with egg, milk, sour cream, cumin and garlic.
- 4spread over turkey mixture
- 5bake at 400 for 25-30 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Pot Pie
Serving Size: 1 (408 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 616.1
- Calories from Fat 245
- Total Fat 27.3 g
- Saturated Fat 12.3 g
- Cholesterol 128.8 mg
- Sodium 1301.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.8 g
- Sugars 13.7 g
- Protein 37.0 g