Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a take off of Linda'sBusyKitchen recipe, which is awesome! I didn't have chicken and we like to add to it anyway, so I figured I would post it here.
- 1 lb lean ground turkey (93% lean is best)
- 11 ounces corn, drained
- 15 ounces black beans, drained (or chili beans)
- 4 ounces diced green chilies (or jalepenos)
- 16 ounces salsa
- 4 ounces sliced black olives (optional)
- 4 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded (1 cup)
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded (1 cup)
- 8 1⁄2 ounces Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- brown turkey and drain.
- spray a 2 1/2-3 qt casserole and combine turkey, corn, beans, chilis, salsa and olives. stir in cheese and pour into casserole.
- mix jiffy mix with egg, milk, sour cream, cumin and garlic.
- spread over turkey mixture
- bake at 400 for 25-30 minutes.
We absolutely loved this one! I kept putting off making it, because I tend to have ADD when it comes to recipes with long lists of ingredients. The one thing it had going for it in that respect was that it had a short directions list, lol. I do love Jiffy in general, and cumin is one of my top 5 spices. Put the two together, and I was sold. Even the super picky little one asked for seconds. Dh hates black beans, and the kids hate black olives. I had NO complaints on any of that stuff! It was awesome! It's actually not too terribly unhealthy, either, which is totally awesome, what with dh and I starting on our diets with the new year. I just used a colby-jack blend, instead of using two different kinds of cheese. Mine also needed the full 30 minutes for the cornbread to set. This one will most definitely be made again!
As a new mom , i am always looking for something easy and yummy and this recipe is both!!! It takes no time to prepare ans is so good my husband went back for thirds!! This is going in the cookbook for sure!