Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Pork chunks braised in the oven and then combined with hominy and chilies create a slightly spicy, easy soup.
- 20 ounces pork ribs
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 4 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (29 ounce) can white hominy
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 2 adobe chili peppers, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 tablespoons sour cream (Garnish)
- Place pork (country style ribs or shoulder), vinegar, salt and pepper in baking dish and place in oven at 350 degrees. Stir every 10 - 12 minutes until browned and crisp. This brings much flavor to the soup.
- Place all other ingredients, reserving sour cream for garnish, in large pot on top of stove. Cook on medium heat for about 20 minutes. Add cooked pork (can be cooked before hand) and simmer for about 20 minutes.