Recipe by AmyMCGS
This is from the Weight Watcher's Simply the Best cookbook, credited to Julie Hessenflow. My family loves this & we don't think it tastes at all like a "diet" recipe.
- 16 ounces boneless pork cutlets or 16 ounces pork chops
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) candiced tomatoes and green chilies (the original recipe called for stewed tomatoes- we like these better)
- 2 cups corn
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Brown pork chops in a hot skillet sprayed with cooking spray-- approximately two minutes per side. Transfer the pork to a large casserole dish.
- Spray the same skillet with cooking spray, add the peppers and onions, and cook until tender. Add all the remaining ingredients and cook, stirring often, for about five minutes or until heated through.
- Pour the corn/tomato mixture from the skillet over the pork chops.
- Cover with foil, and bake for 45-50 minutes or until pork is cooked through.