1/1 Photo of Mexican Pork Chops and Rice
This is a favorite dish around my house. If you like spicy dishes that are a little different you'll love this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat oven to 350.
- 2In a large saucepan combine the tomatoes, 2 jalapeno peppers (quartered), 1 onion (quartered), 3-4 cloves garlic (whole), 3/4 of the bell pepper (sliced) and salt and pepper to taste. Cook over medium high heat until the peppers and onions are tender.
- 3While the sauce is cooking, dice the remaining jalapeno, onion, garlic, and bell pepper. Set aside.
- 4In a large deep skillet fry pork chop strips over medium heat until fully cooked and tender (no need to add oil).
- 5When the pork chops are fully cooked, pour the tomato mixture into a blender until liquified. Pour over pork chops in skillet, cover and simmer on low heat.
- 6While that is simmering, cook the rice according to directions. Saute the diced peppers, onion, and garlic in oil until tender. Pour cooked rice into sauted ingredients and mix well.
- 7Pour rice into 13x9 baking dish, pour pork chop mixture over rice and cover with shredded cheese. Bake uncovered for 10-15 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Pork Chops and Rice
Serving Size: 1 (574 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 617.2
- Calories from Fat 187
- Total Fat 20.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 136.0 mg
- Sodium 290.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 8.9 g
- Protein 50.2 g