Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a quick meal to prepare for your family. Served with Mexican rice and side salad and your meal is complete.
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless pork chops
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 2 cups corn kernels (fresh or thawed frozen)
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with Pam; heat.
- Add the pork and brown 2 minutes on each side; transfer to a 3-quart casserole.
- Spray the same skillet with more Pam.
- Add the pepper and onion; cook, stirring as needed, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, corn, salsa, oregano and cumin; cook, stirring as needed, until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Pour the corn mixture evenly over the pork.
- Bake, covered, until the pork is tender, about 45 minutes.
I made this for supper last night and it is a very good recipe. It is definately a keeper. I made exactly as directed, except I did use a little olive oil when sauting the pepper and onion and I added a touch of salt and pepper. Thanks for the recipe.
Best chops I've had in a long time! I scaled the recipe for 2 servings, used frozen corn & my own salsa. There were enough veggies in the sauce that I didn't feel the need for a side - except for steamed rice. Thanx Audrey!