Recipe by Ypsi
Pork chops simmered in a tasty tomato and corn sauce. Delicious over rice!
Top Review by PaulaG
I was going to give it a 4 but DH said at least a 5. Well 5 is as high as I can go so a 5 it is. The recipe is well written and easy to follow. The chops were fork tender and all was well seasoned. The chops were served on a bed of Classic Saffron Rice with green beans on the side. Made for PAC Spring 2014.
- 29.58 ml canola oil or 29.58 ml olive oil
- 6 center-cut pork loin chops
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml cumin powder
- 2.46 ml coriander powder
- 2.46 ml paprika
- 1.23 ml cayenne
- 793.78 g can diced tomatoes with juice
- 473.18 ml frozen corn kernels
- fresh ground black pepper
- 29.58-44.37 ml chopped fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet, heat oil on high heat. Add chops and brown one one side (about 3-4 minutes), then turn. Remove to plate.
- To skillet, add onion, garlic and spices and sauté, stirring occasionally until softened. Add tomatoes with liquid and corn kernels, stirring occasionally.
- Add chops back to skillet. Bring all to boil, then reduce heat, cover partially, and simmer 30-40 minutes or until chops are done. Taste to correct seasoning and add pepper and cilantro, if desired.
- Serve with rice (spoon tomato and corn sauce over the top) and sprinkle with grated Monterey Jack cheese if desired.