Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This dish is really simple and full of flavor! You can control the heat depending on the salsa you use.
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups salsa
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- salt and pepper
- Combine cumin, chili powder and garlic powder in a small bowl.
- Combine salsa, cocoa and cinnamon in a bowl and set aside.
- Rub spice mixture into both sides of pork chops.
- Heat oil over medium heat and brown chops on both sides.
- Pour salsa mixture over pork chops and bring to a simmer.
- Continue to simmer for about 30 minutes or until chops are tender.
I increased the portions for my fanily of 5 but otherwise stuck to the recipe. My family loved this! My 7 year old who doesn't usually want to eat his meat asked for seconds.