Top Review by windhorse23
Pretty good and very easy to make. I didn't read the recipe carefully and didn't realize until I started making it that the black beans are supposed to be precooked--I was a bit worried but threw them in the crockpot on high for a few hours and they came out fine. I added a bit of vegetable broth to compensate. A nice change of pace. Thanks, Dancer.
- 1 lb black beans, cooked
- 1 lb boneless pork sirloin, cut in 1 inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 16 ounces stewed tomatoes, broken up
- 2 cups water
- fresh ground black pepper
- fresh cilantro leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Put beans in crockpot.
- Toss pork with chili powder, coriander and salt.
- Lightly brown onion and garlic with pork in ungreased skillet.
- Mix tomatoes into crockpot with their juice.
- Add meat, pepper and 2 cups water.
- Cover and cook 9 hours on low.
- Ladle over rice and garnish with cilantro.