Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 hrs
Cook 2 hrs
Stewed pork dish served up on mexican rice with tortillas and jalepenos
Make and share this Mexican Pork and Black Beans recipe from Food.com.
- Soak beans over night and drain.
- Put beans into cast iron pot.
- Toss pork with chilli powder, cumin, coriander and salt.
- Lightly brown onion and garlic with pork in ungreased skillet.
- Mix tomatillos into crockpot.
- Add the pork, black pepper and 2 cups of light stock. Cover and cook 2 hours at a simmer.
- Serve with rice and garnish with coriander.
Well Mr. Plantman, I have only one word for this stew and that is "AWESOME". It was just wonderful. I had to use canned black beans (all I had), have never seen canned tomatillos so used diced tomatoes and wasn't sure what you meant "light stock" so I used chicken stock. It was amazing. I'll bet it would be really good also with a can of hominy thrown in. Thanks so much for a great recipe!! This should be a featured item in all Mexican restaurants.