Recipe by jenn.honan
Slow cooker recipe from my mom. Pork comes out very tender and it has a lovely Mexican flavor. You can change which salsa you use (mild to hot) depending on your preferences
Top Review by lordsangel
This was a great meal! I just made it and it was a huge success, even with my picky little eaters. I put it over rice and I also tried it on tortilla chips and I honestly don't know which I liked better. Either way it was wonderful and I will bemaking it again. =) Thanks for sharing!!!
- 1 lb boneless pork loin roast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (20 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese, if desired (4 ounces) (optional)
- rice, cooked according to package directions
- guacamole (optional)
- sour cream, if desired (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix pork, salsa and chilies in 3 ½ to 4 quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting 6 to 8 hours or until pork is tender. Stir in beans. Cover and cook on low heat setting about 5 minutes or until hot. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Serve over rice, sprinkle with cheese. Excellent topped with guacamole and sour cream.