Prep 2 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is a good dish and so easy. We serve it the first night with rice and the second night in tortillas.
- 1 lb boneless pork loin (cubed)
- 1 (20 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat sour cream
- Put pork, salsa, chillis in cockpot. Cover and cook on low heat 6 to 8 hours.
- Stir in beans and cook about 5 mins more.
- Serve over rice with shredded cheese and sour cream.
Fantastic! Used as a tortilla filling; husband & teenage son finished off whole pot!
This was super easy to make and the DH & kids enjoyed it with rice inside a tortilla. (I myself don't care for tomato-based things mixed with pork, but I wanted something new- it was just ok for me) Next time I will substitute black beans for the pinto beans out of preference. Thanks for a quick recipe - I'll make it again for the family.
This really is 5 stars: it is easy to make, cooks in a crockpot; it is full of flavor but uses easy to add ingredients; and it makes terrific leftovers! We'll add this to our south-of-the-border menu!