Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
For a change from spicy cornbread, these muffins use shredded Mexican cheese and green chiles to give a South of Border taste.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups ground hot air popped corn
- 6 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 2 cups shredded sargento reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend (8 ounce package)
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- Sift flour, measure and sift with baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- Add milk, popped corn, eggs and melted butter.
- Stir in cheese and green chiles.
- Fill well-oiled muffin tins 2/3 full.
- Bake in pre-heated oven (435 F) for 20 minutes.
- Makes 12 regular sized muffins.