Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
Here is one that is simple and easy from Betty Crocker. Per serving: 185 calories, 7 g fat, 50 mg cholesterol, 25 g carb, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein.
- 1⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 (15 ounce) can hot chili beans, drained
- 3⁄4 cup shredded monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1⁄3 cup crushed corn chips or 1⁄3 cup tortilla chips
- sour cream
- black olives
- shredded cheddar cheese
- Grease a 9-inch pie plate and set aside.
- In a saucepan, mix together the cornmeal, water and salt; heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Lower heat to medium; cook about 6 minutes, stirring frequently, until mixture is very thick; remove from heat.
- Quickly stir in egg; let stand 5 minutes.
- Spread cornmeal mixture into pie plate.
- Bake in a 375°F oven, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Spread the beans over the cornmeal mixture.
- Sprinkle with pepper jack cheese and corn chips.
- Bake, uncovered, for about 20 minutes or until center is set.
- Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.
- If desired, garnish with sour cream, black olives, and shredded cheddar cheese.
Yum. My dh who isn't real fond of meatless meals even really liked it. Definitely a keeper. Thanks for sharing.
My hubby loved this!!!