Recipe by Vicky Tregs
A WW Core Recipe
Top Review by Imeesh
This came out so good even DH loved it! That's saying a lot since food doesnt turn him on much. I followed the recipe pretty closely but added sliced black olives on top. The taste was awesome! Next time I will make it with a bit less cornmeal, though. Thank you for a fantastic recipe, it's a keeper!
- 1 1⁄2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 3 2⁄3 cups water
- 15 ounces refried beans (fat free or Veg.)
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 medium onion
- 1 green pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar substitute (I like splenda)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 3 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 10 ounces canned diced tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven at 450 degrees.
- Combine corn meal & water in saucepan.Cook until thickened, stirring frequently. Spray 9x 13 pan with cooking spray & bake for 15 minutes.
- Brown turkey, chopped onion, chopped pepper,Jalapeno pepper, garlic, & olive oil. Add splenda,chilli powder, cumin, salt & pepper. Add tomato paste and tomatoes and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Spread refried beans on polenta crust, and top with meat mixture.
- Top with low or fat free mexican or cheddar cheese and bake for 15 minutes.