Prep 15 mins
Cook 22 mins
- 2 (8 count) cans Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 3⁄4 cup salsa
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sliced ripe olives
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Unroll doll and separate triangles; place them on a 10x15-inch cookie sheet in the shape of a rectangle; pinch seams together with fingers.
- With hands or a small rolling pin, roll/pat out dough until it fits the size of the pan.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes in a preheated oven or until golden brown on top; remove from oven and cool; increase oven temp to 400F.
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef; then drain the excess fat.
- Stir in the packet of taco seasoning and chopped green chiles and 1/2 cup water and continue cooking until meat is cooked through and meat is thickened and almost dry.
- In a small bowl, mix together the salsa and the sour cream, whisking until it is smooth.
- Spread the sour cream mix evenly over the baked crust, and cover with an even layer of ground meat.
- Top with the shredded cheddar, then the black olives.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until the cheese is nicely melted and starting to brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to stand a few minutes, then cut into squares.
This makes a great appetizer. I've made it for 2 different parties and everyone wants the recipe!
I would make this again with left over taco meat. It was easy to make and was flavorful.