Prep 35 mins
Cook 5 mins
This tastes exactly like Taco Bells Mexican Pizzas.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons water
- 8 small flour tortillas
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans, warmed
- 2⁄3 cup mild picante sauce or 2⁄3 cup salsa
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese or 1 cup monterey jack cheese, blend
- 1⁄4 cup chopped tomato
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- -Using your hands, mix together beef, taco seasoning, and water.
- -Brown the beef mixture in a skillet over medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes, using a wooden spoon or spatula to break up the meat as it cooks; set aside.
- -In 375 degree oil, fry tortillas for 30-45 seconds per side, keeping as flat as possible and popping any bubbles that may form; drain on brown paper bags.
- -Spread beans, then meat, then picante sauce/salsa over 4 of the tortillas; set aside.
- -Spread cheese, then tomatoes, then onions over remaining tortillas; stack one of these tortillas on each of the others.
- -Place pizzas under a hot broiler just until cheese has melted.
- **** I usually just brown the burger and add the beans in with it.
Fast, easy and tasty! Just what a working mom loves. And, no left overs
This is a tasty dish. I just mixed the water, taco seasoning, and ground beef in the skillet as it was browning. I did add about another 1/4 cup of water. I was a bit impatient waiting for the oil to warm up so my first 2 tortillas were not as crunchy as I would have liked, however it did not detract from the outcome. Thanks for sharing!
These were simple and good. I also added some lettuce and sour cream. Thanks for sharing. Made for What's on the Menu Tag.