1/7 Photos of Mexican Pizza Like Taco Bells
This tastes exactly like Taco Bells Mexican Pizzas.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons water
- 8 small flour tortillas
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans, warmed
- 2/3 cup mild picante sauce or 2/3 cup salsa
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese or 1 cup monterey jack cheese, blend
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1-Using your hands, mix together beef, taco seasoning, and water.
- 2-Brown the beef mixture in a skillet over medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes, using a wooden spoon or spatula to break up the meat as it cooks; set aside.
- 3-In 375 degree oil, fry tortillas for 30-45 seconds per side, keeping as flat as possible and popping any bubbles that may form; drain on brown paper bags.
- 4-Spread beans, then meat, then picante sauce/salsa over 4 of the tortillas; set aside.
- 5-Spread cheese, then tomatoes, then onions over remaining tortillas; stack one of these tortillas on each of the others.
- 6-Place pizzas under a hot broiler just until cheese has melted.
- 7**** I usually just brown the burger and add the beans in with it.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Pizza Like Taco Bells
Serving Size: 1 (392 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 680.3
- Calories from Fat 292
- Total Fat 32.4 g
- Saturated Fat 14.2 g
- Cholesterol 106.7 mg
- Sodium 2116.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.3 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 40.1 g