Prep 35 mins
Cook 5 mins
This tastes exactly like Taco Bells Mexican Pizzas.
Make and share this Mexican Pizza Like Taco Bells recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons water
- 8 small flour tortillas
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans, warmed
- 2⁄3 cup mild picante sauce or 2⁄3 cup salsa
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese or 1 cup monterey jack cheese, blend
- 1⁄4 cup chopped tomato
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- -Using your hands, mix together beef, taco seasoning, and water.
- -Brown the beef mixture in a skillet over medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes, using a wooden spoon or spatula to break up the meat as it cooks; set aside.
- -In 375 degree oil, fry tortillas for 30-45 seconds per side, keeping as flat as possible and popping any bubbles that may form; drain on brown paper bags.
- -Spread beans, then meat, then picante sauce/salsa over 4 of the tortillas; set aside.
- -Spread cheese, then tomatoes, then onions over remaining tortillas; stack one of these tortillas on each of the others.
- -Place pizzas under a hot broiler just until cheese has melted.
- **** I usually just brown the burger and add the beans in with it.
These were simple and good. I also added some lettuce and sour cream. Thanks for sharing. Made for What's on the Menu Tag.
Worked out just great!
This is a good recipe and really does taste like the taco bell mexican pizza. However frying those darn tortillas was a true challenge. Hopefully the next time I do it I'll be even better at.<br/> Thanks for sharing.