Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 mins
A great little meal for two. Serve with a salad and you have a complete quick meal.
- 2 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 3 ounces sliced pepperoni
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) cansliced black olives, drained
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup lettuce, shredded
- Place one tortilla on a microwave-safe plate.
- Layer with half of the pepperoni, tomatoes, salsa, olvies, and cheese.
- Microwave on HIGH for 1.5 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from microwave and garnish with one half of the shredded lettuce.
- Repeat above steps for 2nd pizza.
Yum! These were very simple and very tasty. Next time I plan to add a layer of refried beans too. Thanks for sharing. Made for All You Can Cook Buffet Tag.
The only way to make this dish less than great is to add something you don't like. I bought the tortillas at a 'hole in the wall' tortillaria in the barrio across the river. They were still warm from the oven. I put pepperoni on one half and browned linguisa on the other, just to give it a try. (It was wonderful.) The salsa was Sue L.'s picante #81059, it's outstanding, especially since I make it just the way I like it. The cheese was a blend of sharp cheddar, jack, and asadero. A dollop of creame supreme (sour cream a la Mexico) to top off each slice. All that was then needed was a cold Dos Equis or two to wash it down with and it was a fast and wonderful lunch. Thanx for posting this great recipe. Pierre
I can't imagine anyone giving this a 3 if they understood how this is made. Absolutely marvelous recipe.