Recipe by Bobbie
This is a very forgiving recipe. You can make all kinds of alternations and substitutions. It's a hit with everyone who has tried it. The amounts of the ingredients can also be changed to to suit your tastes.
- 1 pizza crust (such as Boboli or Mama Mary's I prefer the thin crust )
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely chopped cooked chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped
- cilantro, chopped (optional)
- taco sauce (optional)
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese (or can just use cheddar and or or Monterey Jack)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Lightly brush pizza crust with olive oil.
- If beans are stiff, stir to soften. Sometimes I mix the can of diced green chilies into the bean mixture and then spread it on the crust. You can sprinkle the chilies over the beans once they are on the crust if you prefer.
- Sprinkle the chicken over the beans.
- Next sprinkle the green onion, olives and tomatoes over the top.
- Top with the cheese. Drizzle Taco sauce over top of pizza if desired -- and sprinkle with a little chopped cilantro.
- Bake at 425 for about 10 to 12 minutes (until it is hot clear through, the cheese is melted and the crust is to your liking).
- Note: I have used the prepacked roasted chicken strips you find in the meat or lunchmeat secion at the grocery store. They comes with Southwestern sprices already on them. Otherwise, after I chop the chicken, I sprinkle a bit of taco sauce or tabasco sauce on it before adding it to the top of the pizza.
- We've also topped the baked pizza with some sour cream and guacamole.