Recipe by diner524
I found this recipe online at www.mexicanfoodrecipes.org and posting for ZWT. The recipe says to use seasoned ground beef but doesn't give directions/ingredients for the seasoning. I suggest using Mexican Beef or using a package of taco seasoning. Please feel free to serve this pizza with salsa, guacamole, lettuce or any topping of your choice. This is a recipe for two servings so feel free to double, triple etc. the amounts. This is also a great recipe to use up left-over taco meat.
- 4 corn tortillas (flour tortillas can be subbed)
- 1⁄2 cup refried beans
- 1 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup ground beef, seasoned
- 2 tablespoons taco sauce
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- sour cream, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a skillet and fry the tortillas til crisp, one at a time. Drain them on paper towels then spread the refried beans over each tortilla. Top two tortillas with meat and put the other two on top, bean side down. Spread the taco sauce on top of the filled tortillas and sprinkle the cheese over the top.
- Broil on high,the stuffed tortillas until the cheese melts, but watch carefully not to burn them. Seed and dice the tomatoes. Sprinkle these and the chopped green onions on top of the tortillas and serve with sour cream.