Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is one of my adopted recipes. I haven't made this one yet, but hope to very soon.
- 3 cups pinto beans, Cooked
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese, Shredded
- 1⁄2 cup chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salsa verde, Hot Green Salsa
- Puree the beans to a coarse paste in a blender or food processor or mash by hand.
- Place the bean paste in a sauce pan with the water and heat.
- Mix in all the other ingredients, blending well, and simmer until the cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
- Put in chafing dish and serve hot.
- SUGGESTED DIPPERS: Tortilla Chips, Black Cocktail Rye Bread, Bell Peppers, Celery, Monterey Jack Cheese Cubes or Sticks.
YUM! I assumed that there was a typo in the recipe and that it really means "1/2 cup salsa verde, 1 1/2 teaspoon chili powder" and not the other way around. Other than that, made as suggested and enjoyed thoroughly with cheese quesadillas. The kids literally licked their plates clean. Thank you for posting, made for ZWT5, for the Groovy GastroGnomes.
I had to come back and increase my star rating. We ate this for 5 consecutive days while camping in our RV. The kids absolutely loved it, so did DH. Now we have a healthy and yummy low-carb dip to use on a regular basis. Thanks for a keeper! Oh, I used 1/4 c. of salsa verde and about 3/4 c. shredded cheddar instead of monterey jack and would do that again. 4ZWT3
I made this tonight as an appetizer, served with tortilla chips in a fondue dish to keep the dip warm. It was delish! Extremely easy! I cut down on the chili powder and added a couple cloves of garlic when I mashed the beans in the food processor. Also added about a teaspoon of Celtic sea salt and a little more cheese than was called for. I'd like to try adding some green chilis next time. It was a hit and I'll be making it again, especially for parties.