Recipe by Dreamgoddess
This is one of my adopted recipes. I haven't made this one yet, but hope to very soon.
Top Review by CraftScout
YUM! I assumed that there was a typo in the recipe and that it really means "1/2 cup salsa verde, 1 1/2 teaspoon chili powder" and not the other way around. Other than that, made as suggested and enjoyed thoroughly with cheese quesadillas. The kids literally licked their plates clean. Thank you for posting, made for ZWT5, for the Groovy GastroGnomes.
- 3 cups pinto beans, Cooked
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese, Shredded
- 1⁄2 cup chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salsa verde, Hot Green Salsa
Directions See How It's Made
- Puree the beans to a coarse paste in a blender or food processor or mash by hand.
- Place the bean paste in a sauce pan with the water and heat.
- Mix in all the other ingredients, blending well, and simmer until the cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
- Put in chafing dish and serve hot.
- SUGGESTED DIPPERS: Tortilla Chips, Black Cocktail Rye Bread, Bell Peppers, Celery, Monterey Jack Cheese Cubes or Sticks.