Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Mexican-style tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) can Spanish rice
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans (I like black beans)
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 (13 ounce) bag tortilla chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sliced black olives
- salt and pepper
- sour cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Brown ground beef and onion, drain fat.
- Add rice, tomatoes, cumin, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Cook 10 minutes.
- Lightly crush enough tortilla chips to cover bottom of lightly greased casserole dish.
- Spread refried beans over crushed chips.
- Layer meat mixture over beans.
- Top with black olives and cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated and cheese is melted.
- Serve with remaining chips for dipping.
- Serve with sour cream on the side, if desired.