Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Easy, one dish meal. Got this off of the back of the pasta box and changed it a bit to fit our tastes. I seem to be on a Mexican kick lately.
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 226.79 g box penne pasta, cooked as directed
- 2 (907.18 g) jar salsa
- 425.24 g can black beans, drained
- 473.18 ml Mexican blend cheese, shredded (or sharp cheddar)
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Brown ground beef in a skillet and drain.
- Combine beef, pasta, salsa and beans in a large bowl.
- Spread half of mixture in a 9x12-inch baking dish and sprinkle with half of the cheese.
- Repeat layers, cover and bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
How can so few ingredients yield such a delicious meal? This is almost magical. A bit of time browning ground beef and boiling noodles, and just toss in the rest! Ole' Mexican flavored pasta! Not only is this a great tasting dish, but very a very eye-pleasing one as well; textural.... I just made this tonight, and as I speak (type?), my family is sitting in front of the television now, rubbing their full bellies! We will have this again soon, but next time I'll be sure to have a carton of sour cream ready. This dish nearly begs for a dollop of sour cream. Thanks Karen for a perfectly delicious dinner!
What a great dish that's easy and has only a few simple ingredients. The quick prep time and great flavor make this a super dish for busy week nights. Like several other reviewers, I added a dollop of sour cream when serving. Yum!
This was very simple & tasty! Didn't change anything, and served with sour cream and shredded lettuce on the side. Since there's only two of us, I had plenty to take for lunch the next day. Thanks, Karen!