Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Found this at 3 Fat Chicks.com. Great recipe, very filling with HUGE portions!! A great way to get your mexican fix without having to assemble burritos, enchiladas, what have you. Also a great way to use up leftover cottage cheese. I have used a drained can of corn in this recipe in lieu of the frozen--works just fine!
- 3 cups rotini pasta, uncooked
- 32 ounces salsa (choose your favorite "heat")
- 2 cups reduced-fat cheddar cheese (sharp is best)
- 1 cup nonfat cottage cheese
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn, thawed and drained
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cook rotini as directed on package.
- Combine rotini, salsa, 1 c cheese, cottage cheese, beans, and corn.
- Spoon into a sprayed 13 x 9 baking pan.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until heated thoroughly.
- Sprinkle with cilantro (optional) before serving.
I made this last night, and it was beyond easy. The only prep time is however long it takes you to cook the pasta, because then you just mix it all up, and throw it in the oven. It really takes on the flavor of the salsa - so choose a good one. The leftovers tonight were even better the second time around. Since I don't have a 13x9, I made mine in a deep casserole dish, and just kept it in the oven slightly longer, and also kept it covered. It mada a lot, and is very filling. I will definitely make this again.
Good and easy to put together - but the time to make is off a bit (this took me closer to one hour to make (adding in the time to make the pasta). Thanks for sharing!