Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Very different from the other pasta salads already posted here. Got this from makesameal.com. Very simple to make with few ingredients. You could get creative and add more ingredients like corn, beans, and olives but this is a good base. Nice for the warmer weather. We loved this. I used Miracle Whip, which I like better in this salad, and 2 cloves garlic for mine. Mild salsa goes down better with my kids but use a stronger one if you like.
- 8 -12 ounces elbow macaroni
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup green onion, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise, can use Miracle Whip
- 3⁄4 cup salsa, your choice
- Cook and drain pasta according to package directions, rinse with cold water.
- In large bowl combine mayonnaise, salt, pepper and garlic.
- Add pasta, salsa and green onions; toss with large spoon coat.
- Cover and chill 1 hour to blend flavors.
This was a great day salad to serve with fajitas. I did add black beans and corn. i didn't have salsa so I blended a can of Rotel and added the cilantro to the blender. YUM
We really enjoyed this recipe. I added one ear of cooked corn off the cob - very good. I also tried kidney beans but that wasn't a good idea. Will definitely make this again. I might like to try something crunchy in it. Celery? Any comments on that.
WONDERFUL!!! I added black beans, chopped cilantro, and sliced olives- then served it with Mexican Hamburgers recipe #53840. My boyfriends friends were over, and it all went over really really well!! LOVE this recipe- deffinately a keeper! Thanks Oolala!!