1/3 Photos of Mexican Pasta Salad
This is a quick, easy, and refreshing dinner that I think is pretty healthy (contains veggies and fiber and can be made pretty low in fat). Although I did get the original recipe from the Moosewood Low Fat Favorites cookbook, I have altered this recipe through the years to meet our tastes. The best thing about this recipe is it can be altered to use whatever crisp veggies you have on hand and whatever spices you prefer. This recipe is also great as a leftover so do not be afraid to make ahead and store in your fridge.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces chunky pasta (such as rotini, wheels, medium macaroni, etc)
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn (or the equivalent in frozen corn)
- 1/2 large red onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large bell pepper, chopped (green, red, yellow - whatever color you have on hand)
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 -2 tablespoon lemon juice (you can also use lime juice)
- pepper, to taste
- tastefully simple ranch fiesta dip mix, to taste or 1 spicy seasoning mix (such as Mrs Dash Extra Spicy) or 1 garlic powder
- cilantro, chopped,to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or to taste, I have also used shredded monterey jack and shredded mexican soft cheese. If you are ve)
- 1Cook the pasta (al dente) During approximately the last 2 minutes of cooking time, add the corn.
- 2While the pasta/corn mixture is cooking, combine all other ingredients (except for the cheese) in a large bowl.
- 3Drain the pasta and corn.
- 4Rinse the pasta and corn in cold water until the mixture is cool or cold.
- 5Add the pasta/corn mixture to the other ingredients and mix.
- 6Before serving, sprinkle mixture with shredded cheese.
- 7(OPTIONAL) If you are vegan, do not complete this step.
- 8*Please note, I have also added other vegetables, such as fresh and frozen chopped broccoli (add to pasta cooking process like the corn), fresh chopped cauliflower, etc.
- 9You can also add cooked, diced or chopped chicken (great for leftovers).
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Pasta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (185 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 411.1
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 11.8 mg
- Sodium 363.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.8 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 17.3 g