Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is good as a light lunch or a great pot luck dish. Tasty and easy to prepare. It is not to spicy and very fresh tasting.
- 8 ounces tricolor rotini noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (8 ounce) can corn, drained
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can black olives, sliced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 3⁄4 cup Italian dressing
- In a large bowl combine all salad ingredients and mix well.
- Then combine the dressing ingredients in small bowl and pour over salad.
- Mix all to coat and chill until ready to serve.
Thank you for sharing this recipe! We love pasta salad, and really enjoyed this unique version. The dressing was somewhat spicy, but not too hot--just the way we like it! The combination of beans, veggies and pasta is perfect! We shared some with a friend, who recommended her sister serve it in her local restaurant!
I am going to make this but already see where I will make changes. The base for the recipe sounds very good. I will add fresh chopped cilantro, cotija or queso fresco...pinto instead of kidney beans, diced avocado and some cumin. I can taste it already....yummmmm. Could make the dressing creamy by adding sour cream...hmmmm.
This was an excellent dish. It was surprisingly refreshing and was devoured by my guests. As a pasta salad lover, I like the subtle differences from most pasta salads especially the corn in the salad. I did leave out the beans for the crowd I served it to but will add them in next time.