Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this recipe from a friend who got it from a Betty Crocker cookbook. A very quick and easy mexican casserole. Great reheated as well.
- 1 lb rigatoni pasta, cooked
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 jalapenos, minced no seeds
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 8 ounces cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can sliced olive
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 375.
- While cooking pasta heat oil over medium heat in a frying pan.
- Add garlic and jalepenos.
- Cook 3 minutes.
- Add chili powder, stir 1 minute.
- Mixture will be thick and powdery.
- Add tomatoes with liquid, cumin, and oregano.
- Simmer 15 minutes.
- Combine drained pasta, chicken, olives, 3/4 c.
- of the cheese and sauce.
- Pour into 2 quart baking dish sprayed with vegetable oil.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top, cover loosely with foil.
- Bake 15 minutes until heated through.
This was a waste of time and ingredients. I just made this for dinner, and when you add the pasta, there is almost no sauce and no flavor. I tried dumping in a bunch of extra ingredients to liven it up and make it saucier, but it is still a waste of time. Maybe some of the amounts in the recipe are incorrect???