1/2 Photos of Mexican Pasta Casserole
Seed of Truth's Note:
I threw this together while craving Mexican and pasta at the same time. Turned out great! Hope you enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F
- 2Cook macaroni until al dente; set aside.
- 3Sauté garlic in 2 Tbsp olive oil about 30 seconds on medium heat. Add jar of salsa and bring to simmer. Add in can on refried beans a dollop at a time. (I used wire whisk to whisk in). Add hot sauce to taste. If too thick at this point add a little bit of water. I actually put some in the same jar as the salsa and got the extras out. Simmer 10 minutes.
- 4Add 4 oz of the cream cheese in dollops (again using wire whisk to blend in). Once the cream cheese is blended, add the cup of sour cream and stir. Sauce will be thick and creamy. I added a dash of cumin and chili powder--your preference on the spices.
- 5Spray casserole dish and add in pasta. Stir in sauce mixture until blended. Top with dollops of remaining cream cheese. Sprinkle with shredded cheese and top with jalapeño slices.
- 6Bake covered with foil 30-40 minutes Enjoy!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Pasta Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (377 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1148.1
- Calories from Fat 489
- Total Fat 54.4 g
- Saturated Fat 31.0 g
- Cholesterol 161.6 mg
- Sodium 2847.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 124.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.5 g
- Sugars 14.8 g
- Protein 42.9 g