Recipe by KCShell
This will fit the Core or Flex plan of Weight Watchers. This could be made ahead or can be fixed in about 40 minutes. Great for a busy evening.
Top Review by PSU Lioness
This was an awesome recipe! It tasted like tacos in a dish. I used pinto beans instead of black beans since that's what I had on hand, I added a Tablespoon of diced green chilies and I used cottage cheese instead of ricotta. The only complaint I had (and it's not even really a complaint) is that the juice from the diced tomatoes made it fairly watery so I think I'll drain them next time. But there's no way that this took away from the taste! I will make this again and again! Thanks for posting.
- 1⁄2 cup onion
- 1 (28 ounce) canchopped tomatoes with juice
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 8 ounces 93% lean ground beef
- 3 cups whole wheat penne or 3 cups whole wheat ziti (6 oz. dried)
- 1 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425*.
- Spray 7x11 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Blend together onions, tomatos, taco mix and black beans.
- You can use the food processor if you prefer a smooth.
- Spread 1 cup of tomato mixture on bottom of pan.
- Add cooked pasta.
- Dot with ricotta cheese and then spread ricotta over pasta mixture.
- Stir ground beef into remaining tomato mixture.
- Spoon over ricotta.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 25-30 minute.