Recipe by SashasMommy
This is from Busy People's Low-fat Cookbook by Dawn Hall. When I first tasted this, I thought it was just "okay", but after eating on it for the next few days I grew to like it more. I'm not sure if it just needed time to blend the flavors or what? --NOTE-- As I'm typing this in, I notice that the recipe calls for 8 oz cans of corn and beans... I'm pretty sure I used 14 oz cans because I don't think my store sells 8 oz cans.
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 (16 ounce) jar thick & chunky salsa
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni
- 1 (8 ounce) can whole kernel corn, do not drain
- 1 (8 ounce) can kidney beans, do not drain
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large non-stick skillet over high heat, bring water, salsa and beef bouillon to a boil.
- Stir in macaroni, reduce heat to low.
- Cover, let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Turn off heat. Stir in corn and kidney beans. Cover.
- Let sit covered with heat off for two more minutes.