This is from Busy People's Low-fat Cookbook by Dawn Hall. When I first tasted this, I thought it was just "okay", but after eating on it for the next few days I grew to like it more. I'm not sure if it just needed time to blend the flavors or what? --NOTE-- As I'm typing this in, I notice that the recipe calls for 8 oz cans of corn and beans... I'm pretty sure I used 14 oz cans because I don't think my store sells 8 oz cans.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large non-stick skillet over high heat, bring water, salsa and beef bouillon to a boil.
- 2Stir in macaroni, reduce heat to low.
- 3Cover, let simmer for 10 minutes.
- 4Turn off heat. Stir in corn and kidney beans. Cover.
- 5Let sit covered with heat off for two more minutes.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (274 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 235.5
- Calories from Fat 13
- Total Fat 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.1 mg
- Sodium 900.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 9.6 g