Recipe by Dorsey
I needed something for dinner in a hurry. After looking at what was available, I created this dish. It came out so good that I wanted to share it and see what the cooking community thought. I used the "mild" cheese n' Salsa but you can "spunk" it up to your personal taste with the hotter mix and/or jalapeno pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup diced sweet onion
- 1⁄2 cup snow peas, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 ready to serve sausage patties, cut into small cubes
- 8 ounces rigatoni pasta
- 15 ounces old el paso cheese n salsa
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook Rigatoni according to package directions. Meanwhile, heat skillet on burner and add olive oil.
- Add the bell pepper and onion.
- Saute for a couple of minutes and then add the snow peas.
- When snow peas are bright green, add the sausage cubes.
- Cook till all is heated through and the veggies are tender but not soggy.
- Drain the pasta and stir in the Cheese n' Salsa.
- Add the veggie and sausage mix.
- Stir and heat through.
- Serve immediately.
- I served this with thick slabs of bread spread with garlic butter, sprinkled on cilantro flakes and baked in 400 degree oven for 5-7 minutes.