Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a super-hearty vegetarian main course. Will impress even die-hard meat eaters.
Make and share this Mexican Pasta recipe from Food.com.
- 226.79 g large macaroni
- 411.06 g canpetite diced tomatoes
- 226.79 g can tomato sauce
- 439.41 g can red kidney beans, drained
- 35.43 g envelope taco seasoning or 35.43 g envelope chili seasoning mix
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 14.78 ml olive oil
- 236.59 ml shredded cheddar cheese or 236.59 ml Mexican blend cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and keep warm.
- In a large skillet saute onion in the olive oil until tender. Add seasoning and combine well.
- Add kidney beans to the skillet. Stir well.
- Add diced tomatoes and tomato sauce. Allow to come to a boil and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Add pasta to the sauce mixture. Turn off skillet heat. Stir in cheese.
Made this for Fall PAC '08. This reminds me of my mom's goulash, just without the meat. Very comforting meal! Thank you!
I made this for dinner tonight! It is really good, I will definately make this dish again.