Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I adopted this recipe from Recipezaar. I hope to give it a try soon and make changes if needed.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 can Bush's red beans, undrained and mashed
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- Microwave ground beef and onion in glass casserole on high 5 minutes or until not pink.
- Drain off grease.
- Stir in ketchup, tabasco, chili powder, salt& beans.
- Microwave on 70% power 3-5 minutes until hot& bubly, stirring often.
- Garnish with cheese while still hot, and let cheese melt over top.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
- We use the bite size round tostitos.
Great recipe. Although, I will admit that I made it on the stove top. I just can't seem to get things right in the microwave. I browned the meat and the onion together, mashed the beans with a fork and added all the rest of the ingredients, the heated it through for a few minutes. I topped off with fresh grated cheese, covered it with a lid until the cheese melted and served with corn chips. Great stuff, in fact, I could eat this as a main course foods along with a salad and crusty bread and have a great meal.