Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a very easy and flavorful dip and has always been a hit at parties.
Make and share this Mexican Party Dip (Chile Con Queso) recipe from Food.com.
- Saute onion in hot butter until tender.
- Add tomatoes, chilies and salt, mashing tomatoes with a fork.
- Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add cheese cubes and stir until cheese is melted, about 2 minutes.
- Add cream and stir constantly for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Serve warm with Tortilla Chips.
We had to add some flour to get the dip to come together, but everyone devoured it. I've been asked several times to make it again.
I made this for my 2005 New Years party..it lasted 10 minutes!! Try this recipe youll LOVE it!