- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 1 (8 1/4 ounce) can tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 lb monterey jack cheese, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- tortilla chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion in hot butter until tender.
- Add tomatoes, chilies and salt, mashing tomatoes with a fork.
- Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add cheese cubes and stir until cheese is melted, about 2 minutes.
- Add cream and stir constantly for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Serve warm with Tortilla Chips.