Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a quick, easy meal -- a nice change from regular tacos.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups pancake mix
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal (optional)
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- lettuce, shredded (optional)
- chopped tomato (optional)
- chopped onion (optional)
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet.
- Drain off fat.
- Add taco seasoning, tomato sauce and water.
- Simmer until flavors are blended and sauce has thickened, about 20 minutes.
- Set aside.
- For pancakes, mix together mix, milk, eggs and cornmeal.
- Preheat griddle to 400°F Using 1/3 cup batter for EACH pancake, grill until golden brown.
- Stack pancakes between wax paper.
- Keep warm in 200F oven.
- Continue until batter is gone.
- Spread 1/2 cup filling on half of the pancakes.
- Top each with a second pancake.
- Spread with more filling.
- Sprinkle cheese and other desired toppings on top.