Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Super easy and quick entree. From the cookbook, I've Got a Cook in Kalamazoo.
- 4 slices bread (rye preferred)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 avocado, ripe and sliced
- 1 onion, sliced thinly
- 4 ounces green chilies (chopped or sliced)
- 1 -2 tomatoes, sliced
- 8 slices bacon, cooked
- 6 ounces cheddar cheese (grated or thinly sliced)
- Spread bread with mayo. Cover each bread with avocado, onion, chiles, tomato, and 2 slices each of bacon. Top with cheddar. Broil until cheese is melted.
Really tasty!!! I must admit, I made mine into a panini with a top piece of bread, and my onions were grilled, but other than that, I did it like written. Loved it!
This is great! And it is certainly quick and easy. Just loved the addition of the bacon to the combo. Thanks for sharing!