Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A spicy alternative to the standard omelet. To reduce amount of fat in the recipe, you can omit the avocado sauce and serve with salsa or non-fat sour cream.
- 8 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 8 corn tortillas (7-inch)
- 1 1⁄2 cups salsa
- 2 medium avocados, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mild green chilies, chopped
- 1 tbsp.fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 13x9 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Whisk eggs and milk in medium bowl until blended. Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat; add egg mixture to skillet. Cook and stir 5 minutes or until eggs are set, but still soft. Remove from heat. Stir in cheese, tomato and cilantro.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup egg mixture evenly down the center of each tortilla. Roll up tortillas and place, seam side down in prepared pan. Pour salsa evenly over tortillas. Cover tightly with foil and bake 20 minutes or until heated through.
- Meanwhile, process avocados, sour cream, chilies, lemon juice, pepper sauce and salt in a food processor or blender until smooth. Serve tortillas with avocado sauce.