Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
From the Latin American News and Mi Comida Favorites Por Carmen Garridos
Make and share this Mexican Ojarascas Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sift together all dry ingredients into a bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whip together the shortening and lard until nice and light.
- Add the dry mixture slowly, one cup at a time (6 cups only first).
- Place the mixture on the countertop or on a table.
- Add the remaining dry mixture with the water and continue to knead the dough by hand until you form a good nice dough ball.
- Sprinkle some flour on the countertop or on the table and spread out the dough with a rolling pin to a thickness of 1/2 inches and use a cookie cutter to make cookies.
- Place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes.
- While cookies are being baked, mix together the topping ingredients in a bowl.
- Once the cookies come out of the oven, place one by one in the sugar and cinnamon mixture one at a time and sprinkle them with this mixture.
- Place on a cooling rack to finish cooling.
I wanted to make some Mexican cookies for my coworkers and stumbled across this recipe. Their simply the best cookies I've ever eaten! My coworkers devoured them and asked for the recipe. So I'm the first to rate these and their definitely a ten star rating. Oh so melt in your mouth delicious! My only regret is that I didn't find these at Christmas but will be making these for the holidays every year. Try these you'll LOVE them!