From the Latin American News and Mi Comida Favorites Por Carmen Garridos
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 cups shortening
- 2 1/4 cups lard
- 3/4-1 cup water
Cinnamon Sugar topping
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Sift together all dry ingredients into a bowl and set aside.
- 3In a large bowl, whip together the shortening and lard until nice and light.
- 4Add the dry mixture slowly, one cup at a time (6 cups only first).
- 5Place the mixture on the countertop or on a table.
- 6Add the remaining dry mixture with the water and continue to knead the dough by hand until you form a good nice dough ball.
- 7Sprinkle some flour on the countertop or on the table and spread out the dough with a rolling pin to a thickness of 1/2 inches and use a cookie cutter to make cookies.
- 8Place on a cookie sheet.
- 9Bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes.
- 10While cookies are being baked, mix together the topping ingredients in a bowl.
- 11Once the cookies come out of the oven, place one by one in the sugar and cinnamon mixture one at a time and sprinkle them with this mixture.
- 12Place on a cooling rack to finish cooling.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Ojarascas Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (3310 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 19380.5
- Calories from Fat 17673
- Total Fat 1963.6 g
- Saturated Fat 506.9 g
- Cholesterol 109.5 mg
- Sodium 392.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 460.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.1 g
- Sugars 167.4 g
- Protein 39.0 g