1/1 Photo of Mexican Noodle Bake (Meatless)
1 hr 5 mins
I got this recipe from a cooking group on freezer meals. It comes from the book Frozen Assets Lite & Easy by Deborah Taylor Hough. My family loves this, and bonus, if you make it ahead and freeze it, it is a very fast meal on a night you don't feel like cooking! This recipe makes a lot, so I usually freeze half and bake half when I make it. We had this again last night for dinner and I wanted to post it so everyone else could enjoy it too! This is good served with sour cream and salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, undrained
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups elbow macaroni, dry
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1Cook macaroni according to package directions, drain and rinse in cold water, set aside.
- 2In a large skillet, saute onion, pepper and celery in oil until softened.
- 3Stir in taco seasoning, beans, tomatoes and tomato sauce.
- 4Simmer for 10 minutes.
- 5Remove from heat and stir in cooked noodles.
- 6Spread mixture in a 9 x 13 pan. (or, put in gallon ziploc bag and freeze--write baking instructions on the bag, then when you are ready to eat it, thaw in warm water for about 10 minutes, put in pan and bake).
- 7Bake, uncovered at 375 for 45 minutes.
- 8Sprinkle cheese on top and bake five more minutes or until cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Noodle Bake (Meatless)
Serving Size: 1 (406 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 465.9
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 19.7 mg
- Sodium 698.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.0 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 22.1 g