Recipe by puppitypup
This salad is the perfect compliment to mexican food! It originally came from a Rosarita recipe booklet, but I've tweaked it a bit.
- 29.58 ml mayonnaise (Hellmans or Best Foods)
- 29.58 ml sour cream
- 14.79 ml lime juice
- 2.46 ml sugar
- 1.23 ml kosher salt or 0.59 ml table salt
- 0.59 ml cinnamon
- 0.25 ml ground pepper
- 59.14 ml chopped pecans
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 orange, sectioned and chopped (optional)
- 0 small red onion, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- I like to make this in my mini food-processor, but I'll give the directions both ways.
- FOOD PROCESSOR: Combine all ingredients except pecans and blend well. Add pecans and blend so that some of the pecans are ground fairly fine and some are still recognizable.
- BY HAND: If you have anyway to crush the pecans, crush a tablespoon or so. Combine all ingredients and blend well.
- TOSS WITH SALAD: Add a little at a time and toss in an oversized bowl. Store leftover dressing in the fridge.
- NOTE: When we're dieting, I substitute low-fat mayo and sour cream.