Recipe by puppitypup
This salad is the perfect compliment to mexican food! It originally came from a Rosarita recipe booklet, but I've tweaked it a bit.
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (Hellmans or Best Foods)
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt or 1⁄8 teaspoon table salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 dash ground pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 orange, sectioned and chopped (optional)
- 1⁄4 small red onion, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- I like to make this in my mini food-processor, but I'll give the directions both ways.
- FOOD PROCESSOR: Combine all ingredients except pecans and blend well. Add pecans and blend so that some of the pecans are ground fairly fine and some are still recognizable.
- BY HAND: If you have anyway to crush the pecans, crush a tablespoon or so. Combine all ingredients and blend well.
- TOSS WITH SALAD: Add a little at a time and toss in an oversized bowl. Store leftover dressing in the fridge.
- NOTE: When we're dieting, I substitute low-fat mayo and sour cream.