This is one of those dishes you can whip together in no time. I created it one night when we needed something fast and easy and had very little in the house. i have changed the ingredients a time or two since that first time, but my family always says it tastes like more. Note: Please know you can substitute most of the ingredients for whatever you have in your refrigerator/pantry at the time. So have fun.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 ounce) can vegetarian refried beans
- 1 (15 ounce) jar black bean dip
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 4 ounces frozen spinach, chopped
- 2 cups chihuahua cheese, shredded (or use whatever kind of cheese you want)
- 2 veggie burgers (any flavor)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- sour cream (optional)
- 1Heat the oil in a large pan.
- 2Sauté onions and garlic until tender.
- 3Add picante sauce, green chiles, beans, bean dip, corn, veggie burgers, and.
- 4spinach and stir to blend.
- 5Break the burgers up as they defrost.
- 6When the mixture heats, add your favorite cheese and stir until melted.
- 7Serve over chips garnished with whatever you would like (sour cream, more.
- 8picante sauce, etc.).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Mush
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 240.8
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 35.5 mg
- Sodium 689.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 12.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vegetarian refried beans
black bean dip