Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Minute thin steaks are popular in Mexican cooking. The rolled up variation is common and can be filled with your choice of ingredients.
- 6 thin minute steaks
- 1⁄2 cup canned orange pimento pepper or 1⁄2 cup yellow pimento pepper, sliced (or sliced jalapeno)
- 1 pckg. cream cheese, in rectangular slices
- 6 slices avocados
- 2 peeled pre-simmered tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1⁄4 onion
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon powder
- 3 hard-boiled eggs (optional)
- Simmer tomato for a few minutes to facilitate peeling.
- Process in blender with the onion, garlic, and chicken bouillon.
- Remove from stove and set aside.
- Fill the center of each steak with a slice (or 2 depending on size) of avocado, one or 2 slices pimento pepper, and a slice of cream cheese.
- Roll in shape of burritos.
- Secure with toothpicks if necessary.
- Place in a deep skillet and pour tomato-onion-garlic sauce over it.
- Cover and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Garnish with sliced hard boiled eggs (optional).