Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Great variation of regular meatloaf. This has a "kick" to it! Excellent! Recipe is from "Family Circle" or "Woman's Day" magazine, 2005.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can green chilies, chopped
- 2 slices whole wheat bread, torn in small pieces
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oil
- salsa, serve with warmed salsa
- Mix turkey, pork, chilies, bread, garlic, oregano, chili powder, cumin, and salt in a medium bowl until well blended.
- Shape half the mixture into four ¾-inch-thick oval patties.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add patties and cook until meat is done. Top with warmed salsa for serving.
I did 1/4 recipe using just ground turkey which I made into a 6 muffin tin. Putting a sprinkle of moz cheese in the middle while filling the tin. Plate licking good! Omitted green chile using red bell pepper, chopped onion and a pinch of red pepper flakes. Spooning the salsa on top the last 5 minutes of baking at 350 for 50 minutes. So good!