1/2 Photos of Mexican Meltdown
Thick bread slices filled with onion, red and green bell pepper and cheddar cheese for a spicy Mexican inspired grilled cheese. Deliciouso!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- bread (nice thick bread like French, challah, etc.)
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped red onion
- 1 fresh garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon carrot, grated
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, cubed (or grated)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (or grape seed oil)
- 1Heat olive oil in a skillet. Saute onion, peppers, garlic and carrot for 1-2 minutes. Add hot sauce and cheddar cheese. Allow cheese to start to melt. Remove from heat.
- 2Slice bread into 1 inch slices. Pour cheese mixture on one slice of bread , add chives, and top it with another slice to form a sandwich. May make open faced, in which case you would only grill one side.
- 3Grill until grill marks are formed, about 30 seconds on each side. In the winter I grill in a grill pan.
- 4Great served with soup. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Meltdown
Serving Size: 1 (97 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 315.8
- Calories from Fat 250
- Total Fat 27.8 g
- Saturated Fat 13.1 g
- Cholesterol 59.3 mg
- Sodium 725.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 14.3 g