- bread (nice thick bread like French, challah, etc.)
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped red onion
- 1 fresh garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon carrot, grated
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, cubed (or grated)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (or grape seed oil)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in a skillet. Saute onion, peppers, garlic and carrot for 1-2 minutes. Add hot sauce and cheddar cheese. Allow cheese to start to melt. Remove from heat.
- Slice bread into 1 inch slices. Pour cheese mixture on one slice of bread , add chives, and top it with another slice to form a sandwich. May make open faced, in which case you would only grill one side.
- Grill until grill marks are formed, about 30 seconds on each side. In the winter I grill in a grill pan.
- Great served with soup. Enjoy!